Darwen dating carbon dating radiometric dating
Also in the square is the imposing tower of St Peter’s Church, constructed between 18 by Thomas Rickman (1776 – 1841) and Henry Hutchinson (1800 – 1831).The church was first dedicated to Holy Trinity but this changed in 1972 to St Peter, as the parish merged with another local one.
It was built in 1898 in honour of the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria, and opened to the public the same year.
On the right in the circular building is the 3-Day Market, which houses a number of stalls.
The main bus station in the town was also located here, and there were many buses coming and going all the time, giving the town good links, especially to nearby Blackburn.
The weather had brightened up since our visit up the hill to the Tower so the whole square was bathed in sunlight.
Not far away from the centre is the library which is an old building with a domed roof.